Class Vegetable Casserole (Serves 10)
Here is a winning vegetable casserole combination that can be made
ahead and enjoyed at home or toted to the next family gathering. It
could also win an award for ease of preparation.
1 (10 and 3/4-ounce) can 98% fat free cream
of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 (8-ounce) jar processed cheese spread
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (15-ounce) can whole green beans, drained
2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 (8-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts
3/4 cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 and 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
1. In saucepan, combine soup, cheese spread, evaporated milk and garlic
2. Cook over medium heat until mixture is smooth, stirring often.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine green beans, artichoke hearts, mushrooms,
broccoli and green onion.
4. Spoon half of the vegetable mixture into a lightly greased 8x12-inch
casserole; spoon half of the sauce over vegetables.
5. Repeat procedure with remaining vegetables and sauce.
6. Combine melted margarine with bread crumbs; sprinkle over casserole.
7. Cover casserole and refrigerate up to 8 hours, if desired.
8. Uncover. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until
bubbly and lightly browned.