Twice Baked Potatoes (Serves 8)Even though twice-baked potatoes sometimes seem more labor intensive than plain baked potatoes, they are more than worth the effort. In fact, in this recipe the entire procedure is done ahead of time so the potatoes can be conveniently stored in the freezer ready to be served when needed.
8 large baking potatoes
1. Scrub and prick potatoes several times with tines of a fork.
2. Bake potatoes in preheated 400 degree oven for 1 hour or until tender when pierced with a fork.
3. While potatoes are still warm, cut an oval shaped hole in the top of each potato and scoop out potato. Leave peel intact.
4. Mash potatoes by pushing them through a potato ricer and/or using an electric mixer.
5. Add sour cream, butter, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
6. Put this mixture back into the potato skin. Cool thoroughly Wrap. Individually in foil. Label, date and freeze.
7. To serve: Place unwrapped frozen potatoes in preheated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes.
Information per serving: