and Apple Bake (Serves 8)
Now that the supply of fresh squash and apples in plentiful, do try
this pleasing combination of flavors. It’s an easy way to serve
two fall favorites from the good earth.
2 pounds butternut or buttercup squash
2 baking apples, cored and cut into 1/2 inch sliced
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Cut squash in half. Remove seeds and fibers; pare squash. Cut squash
into 1/2-inch slices.
2. Arrange squash slices in ungreased 8x12-inch baking dish.
3. Top squash with apple slices.
4. In small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour,
salt and cinnamon.
5. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples and squash.
6. Cover with foil.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until squash
8. Garnish with bright red apple wedges.