| Squash Amandine (Serves 8)
“Here is a great recipe to use when serving winter squash. It
is designed to please the most decimating palate. Any variety of winter
squash works well, however my favorites are buttercup or butternut.
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
4 cups cooked winter squash, mashed or 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen
winter squash, thawed
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light or regular sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup sliced almonds, divided
1. In large mixing bowl, beat together melted butter and eggs with
2. Stir in squash, brown sugar, sour cream, salt and nutmeg. Thoroughly
3. Reserve 2 tablespoons sliced almonds. Chop remaining almonds and
add to squash mixture. Stir well.
4. Transfer squash to lightly greased 1 and 1/2 quart casserole.
5. Top with reserved 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30-40 minutes or until lightly
browned and piping hot.