Snowcapped Broccoli (Serves 6)
This dynamite color combination of bright green and white is stunning during the holiday season as well as a colorful addition to menus throughout the year. It is as delicious as it is beautiful.
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears
1. Cook frozen broccoli spears according to package directions; drain well.
2. Beat egg whites and salt with rotary beater or electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in mayonnaise or salad dressing; set aside.
3. Arrange cooked broccoli with stem ends toward center on an over-proof platter or 9-inch pie plate; drizzle with melted butter.
4. Spoon the mayonnaise mixture over the broccoli stems to form a circle in the center of the plate.
5. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 12-15 minutes or until topping is golden.
information per serving