Roasted New Potatoes and Asparagus with Dill
New potatoes and fresh asparagus are two harbingers of spring that adapt themselves beautifully to the roasting method of preparation. Add some snipped fresh dill and you are cooking with class.
1 pound small red or white new potatoes, scrubbed (halved, if large)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
Salt and Freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1. Place the potatoes in a 9x13-inch baking dish or roasting pan.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
3. Roast 20 minutes in preheated 400 degree oven. Turn with a spatula.
4. Roast 15-20 more minutes or until potatoes are beginning to brown.
5. Add asparagus. Roast potatoes and asparagus together until vegetables are crisp-tender, 15-20 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with dill and serve warm or at room temperature.