Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes (Serves 12)
For many folks who have used House Specialties recipes over the years,
these mashed potatoes are a tradition during the holiday season. For
those of you who have just joined the House Specialties family of cooks,
here is this favorite recipe just for you. Do make them for family and
friends this holiday season.
1. Cooked peeled potatoes in boiling water. Drain.
2. Mash until smooth. (I like to put the hot potatoes through a potato ricer and then use an electric mixer. This assures no lumps and is very easy to do.)
3. Add cream cheese, sour cream, salt and white pepper. Beat until light and fluffy. Cool.
4. Cover and place in the refrigerator. These may be used any time within two weeks. If you wish to store them longer than two weeks, they freeze beautifully.
5. To use, place desired amount in greased casserole.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until heated through, about 30 minutes. The entire recipe fills a two-quart casserole.
information per serving