Honey Glazed Carrots (Serves 8)
You’ll be amazed at how quickly three pounds of carrots disappear when coated with this tempting glaze. If you’re short on time, purchase the mini carrots that don’t need to be peeled or cut.
3 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring two inches of lightly salted water to a boil in large saucepan. Cook the carrots in the boiling water about 10 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain.
2. In a small saucepan, combine honey, ketchup, parsley and dill. Heat until warm.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the drained carrots and increase the heat to high.
4. Add the glaze and toss to coat the carrots evenly. Cook 2 or 3 minutes or until carrots are cooked thoroughly and glazed.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.