Fresh Tomatoes (Serves 6)
When the bounty of ripe tomatoes almost overcomes you, turn to this
recipe for a wonderful oven baked vegetable side dish. It’s comfort
food at its best.
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted and cubed
4 cups chopped fresh peeled tomatoes
1. In a nonstick skillet, cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
Stir in the flour until blended; cook 1 minute longer.
2. Stir in honey, mustard, salt and pepper until blended.
3. Stir in bread cubes and tomatoes.
4. Transfer tomatoes to an 8-inch square baking dish coated with nonstick
5. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or
until hot and bubbly.