Cranberry-Apple Sweet Potatoes (Makes 8 servings)
Here is a dynamite holiday sweet potato casserole that would be the perfect addition to many holiday meals. It would be wonderful for a buffet meal because it not only looks attractive, but holds its temperature well and is easy to serve. This recipe doubles easily and can be baked in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
4 medium-large sweet potatoes or 2 (16-ounce)
1. If using fresh sweet potatoes, cook them unpeeled or peeled in boiling water until tender, about 20-30 minutes. Drain and cool. When cool, peel if needed and cut into 1-inch slices or chunks. Set aside.
2. If using canned sweet potatoes, drain and cut into slices or chunks. Set aside.
3. Spread apple pie filling in an 8-inch greased baking dish.
4. Arrange sweet potatoes on top.
5. In small mixing bowl, stir together cranberry sauce, apricot preserves and orange marmalade.
6. Spoon cranberry mixture over sweet potatoes.
7. If you wish, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.7. If you wish, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
8. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 degree oven 30-40 minutes until heated through and hot and bubbly.
Nutritional Information per serving: 264 calories, 2 grams protein, 0 grams fat, 65 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 64 milligrams sodium