Chilled Asparagus with Feta Cheese Vinaigrette
When I tested this recipe, it was the first time that I had teamed feta cheese with asparagus. I not only like the flavor combination, but visually it’s a beautiful cold vegetable salad. Of course, the red bell pepper is like icing on the cake.
1 and 1/4 pounds fresh asparagus
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 and 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 and 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 drops hot sauce
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1. Wash asparagus and remove unwanted ends. Cut asparagus into bite-size pieces.
2. In medium saucepan, cook asparagus in boiling water until crisp tender about 5-6 minutes; drain.
3. Plunge into ice water until chilled. Drain and keep chilled.
4. In small bowl, combine feta cheese, lemon juice, orange juice, water, Dijon mustard, vegetable oil and hot sauce; stir briskly with a wire whisk. Chill until needed
5. At serving, drizzle dressing over chilled asparagus.
6. Sprinkle with diced red pepper.