Shrimp Fondue (Makes 8 appetizer servings)
Give shrimp the appetizer spotlight it deserves by bringing out the
fondue pot for cooking and conversation. No hot oil in this calorie-reduced
plan. Here is a delicately seasoned broth for easy quick cooking. Savor
1 pound frozen medium-size shelled uncooked shrimp, thawed
1/2 cup calorie-reduced Thousand Island salad dressing
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon snipped chives, fresh, frozen or freeze dried
3 cups water
4 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules or 4 chicken bouillon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated onion
1. Arrange shrimp attractively on lettuce lined tray. Let shrimp come
to room temperature before cooking.
2. In small bowl, combine Thousand Island dressing, 2 teaspoons lemon
juice and chives. Put in small serving dish to be served with shrimp.
3. In metal fondue cooker, combine water, chicken bouillon 1 tablespoon
lemon juice and onion. Heat mixture to boiling over medium heat.
4. Transfer cooker to fondue burner.
5. Spear shrimp with fondue fork. Cook in hot broth till done. Dip shrimp
into Thousand Island dressing mixture. Enjoy.