(Makes 1 and 1/4 cups)
Every good cook needs a favorite pesto recipe. Here is my suggestion.
It’s easy and very tasty.
2 cloves garlic
1 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt, if desired
1/3 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts, as desired
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Place garlic in food processor or blender. Pulse once or twice to
begin chopping process.
2.Add basil leaves and parsley to food processor; pulse as needed to
3. Add parmesan cheese, salt and pine nuts or walnuts as desired.
4. Cover and process with several on/off turns till a paste forms.
5. With machine running, slowly and gradually add olive oil and process
to desired consistency.
6. Refrigerate or freeze till ready to use.
7. Thaw, if frozen. Use on Salad Sandwiches, hot pasta, potato salad
or scrambled eggs.