Overnight Lasagna (Serves 10-12)
If lasagna is a family favorite at your house and if cooking lasagna noodles is not your idea of a fun experience, then this creative make-ahead method of lasagna preparation using uncooked noodles is just for you.
1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
1 (15-ounce) carton low fat ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh or freeze-dried chives
1/8 teaspoon oregano leaves
8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
4 cups (16-ounce) shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In large skillet brown the ground beef. Drain well.
2. Return drained cooked beef to skillet. Add spaghetti sauce and water; blend well. Simmer until hot and bubbly.
3. In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, chives, oregano and egg; mix well.
4. In bottom of ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish spread 1 and 1/2 cups of meat sauce; top with 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1/2 the Mozzarella cheese.
5. Repeat with remaining noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese; top with remaining meat sauce.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
7. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 degree oven 50-60 minutes or until noodles are tender and casserole is bubbly.