Overnight French Toast (Serves 4)
This super simple way to prepare French toast is a busy cook’s dream recipe. All that has to be done in the morning is to turn on the oven and bake the soaked bread. Double or triple the recipe as you choose.
1 and 1/2 cups fat-free milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 slices French bread (1-inch thick)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt.
2. Place bread slices in an ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish; pour egg mixture over top.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Coat a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan with vegetable spray.
5. Carefully transfer bread to prepared pan.
6. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Carefully turn slices over.
7. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and slightly puffed..
8. Serve with syrup or fruit sauce.