Happy Heart Strata (Serves 6)
This type of make-ahead breakfast casserole has long been a friend to the cook with weekend or holiday guests. Here is a scrumptious healthy heart version that’s lower in fat and cholesterol and features fat free milk.
Vegetable cooking spray
1. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Place bread cubes in baking dish.
3. Layer ham, red pepper and cheese over bread; set aside.
4. Combine milk, egg substitute, dry mustard, onion powder and white pepper. Thoroughly mix together; pour over layered ingredients.
5. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
6. Remove from refrigerator; let stand 30 minutes.
7. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 degree oven 30 minutes, until mixture is set.
8. Serve immediately.
information per serving: