Ham and Pasta Bake (Serves 8)
Remember this recipe the next time you need a delicious casserole to serve family and friends. If frozen chopped broccoli is not available, purchase broccoli cuts and chop them up a bit after they are cooked and drained.
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
2 and 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (10-ounce) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, cook and drained
2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked & drained
2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 slices bread made into soft bread crumbs
1. In 2-quart microwave-safe measurer or medium saucepan, combine the flour, onion, salt, mustard and pepper.
2. Stir in milk until blended.
3. Microwave on Full Power 4-5 minutes, stirring once or twice or bring to a boil over medium heat.
4. Stir in cheese until melted.
5. Stir in broccoli, macaroni and ham.
6. Transfer to an ungreased 2 qt. baking dish.
7. Toss together melted butter and soft bread crumbs. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture.
8. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 degree over for 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.