Ham and Cheese Breakfast Strata (Serves 4)
This “small size” strata is perfect for those cooking for just a few. The make ahead overnight feature is an easy way to have breakfast prepared before you go to bed.
Butter or margarine
2 English muffins, split
1 and 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
A few drops of Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Lightly butter cut side of each muffin half.
2. Place cut side up in a lightly buttered 8x8-inch baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with ham and cheese.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper to taste, Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Pour egg mixture over muffins.
5. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
6. At baking time, let strata sit at room temperature 30 minutes. Then bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 degree oven 40-45 minutes.
7. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve.