/ Broccoli Strata (Serves 12)
Stratas take the grand prize for make-ahead dishes. I like the ham
and broccoli combination in this recipe. This recipe is perfect for
your next brunch.
12 slices firm white bread
12 ounces sharp process cheese, sliced
1 (10-ounce) package frozen, chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
2 cups diced fully cooked ham
3 and 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons instant minced onion
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Using a doughnut cutter or the edge of a 2-3-inch drinking glass,
cut 12 “doughnuts and holes” out of the 12 bread slices.
(If using a drinking glass, just cut 12 circles of bread).
2. Fit the scrapes of bread in bottom of well greased 9x13-inch baking
3. Layer sliced cheese, cooked broccoli, and diced ham over bread.
4. Arrange “doughnuts and holes” or bread circles on top.
5. Put eggs in medium mixing bowl. Beat until yolks are broken. Add
milk, onion, mustard and salt; beat to blend; pour over bread.
6. Cover; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
7. Bake, uncovered in preheated 325 degree oven for 55 minutes.
8. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.