Dilled Stuffed Mushrooms
(Makes 24 appetizer servings)
I’ve never known stuffed mushrooms to last very long when offered
to guests. Hot, juicy and delicious, certainly they are worth the time
it takes to prepare. Keep this recipe handy during the holiday season.
24 large fresh mushrooms (about 1 pound)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons sliced green onion including tops
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Gently wash and pat dry mushrooms. Remove the stems and chop into
2. In small skillet, melt butter; sauté mushroom stems and onion
until tender. Remove from heat.
3. Add bread crumbs, dill weed, salt, and Worcestershire sauce to mushroom
4. Place on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes, until hot.