Chutney (Makes 20 servings of 1/4 cup each)
This delicious cranberry creation goes together quickly and will bring
smiles of approval from your family and friends. It goes well with poultry
or pork and makes a great gift from your kitchen.
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits or chunks
2 cups sugar
4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts, broken
1. Drain juice from pineapple into saucepan or 2-quart microwave-safe
measurer. Set pineapple aside.
2. Add sugar, cranberries, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt
to pineapple juice.
3. Heat to boiling; lower heat and simmer for about 25 minutes, until
thick, stirring occasionally. Or microwave on Full Power 10-12 minutes
until thick, stirring three or four times.
4. Add reserved pineapple and walnuts. Remove from heat.
5. Store covered in the refrigerator and serve chilled with poultry