Appetizer Cheese Tarts (Makes 2 tars, each serves 4)
Here is a lovely way to serve Brie cheese. Convenient crescent rolls from the refrigerated case at your favorite grocery store form and attractive and delicious casing for this mouth-watering cheese. Look for small rounds of Brie near the Deli departments of most grocery stores.
1 (4-ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
1. Divide dough into two rectangles and place on parchment-lined or greased cook 8x5-inch pieces.
2. Place a Brie round in the middle of each rectangle. Bring up dough around cheese so it is completely enclosed. Place seam side down.
3. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with almonds or pistachios.
4. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 12-15 minutes.
5. Let stand 2 or 3 minutes. Serve with crisp fresh wedges of apples and pears.
information per serving: