Blueberry Pancakes (Makes eight (4-inch) pancakes)
Summertime is blueberry time here in southwest Michigan. We enjoy them morning, noon and night. So start the day with these quick and easy blueberry pancakes. Oh yes, these pancakes are so popular, you may need to double the recipe.
1 cup flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 egg, separated
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup fat free milk
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
2. Beat egg yolk until thick and lemon colored; add melted butter and mil, stirring until blended.
3. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
4. Beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
5. Gently fold in blueberries.
6. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle.
7. Turn pancakes when center bubbles form and edges look cooked.
8. Enjoy with your favorite syrup.