Asparagus Quiche (Serves 8)
By adding some asparagus and ham to a basic quiche recipe, a wonderful
entrée is created. All that’s needed to complete a breakfast,
brunch or luncheon meal is some fresh fruit and muffin of your choice.
1 and 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh asparagus
1 cup diced ham
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup shredded Swiss or Cheddar cheese
Ground nutmeg, if desired
1 (10-inch) unbaked pastry shell, chilled if time allows
1. In large mixing bowl, gently beat together eggs, milk and salt.
2. Add onions, celery, asparagus and ham.
3. Toss cheese with flour.
4. Gently stir cheese into egg mixture.
5. Pour into unbaked pastry shell.
6. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
7. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven 45-50 minutes or until silver knife
inserted in the center of the quiche comes out clean.