Gazpacho (Serves 12)This mouth- watering Gazpacho is one of my favorite ways to enjoy late summer produce. It’s a delicious cold soup that literally bursts with flavor. Make-ahead cooks will be glad to know that this Gazpacho freezes very well.
1/2 pound day old French or Italian bread or
Accompaniments: sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, diced cucumber, chopped green onions, deiced tomatoes, chopped green pepper, croutons, crisp crumbled bacon, sliced toasted almonds and/or chopped hard-cooked egg
1. Place bread in shallow dish; add water. Let bread soak, stirring once.
2. In electric blender container or food processor work bowl, place half of the cucumber, green pepper, garlic, salt, oil and vinegar. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
3. Pour into large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining half of the above ingredients.
4. Blend or process half of soaked bread and half of tomatoes in blender or food processor; add to vegetables in large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining half of bread and tomatoes.
5. Stir mixture to thoroughly combine.
6. Chill completely before serving. Serve in bowl with iced cubes and top with your choice in accompaniments.
information per serving: