Toasted Pecans (Makes 1 pound)
Theses delicious pecans have long been a favorite holiday gift item from
my kitchen. The ingredient list is so simple it could even be memorized.
Best of all, here is a nonperishable food gift idea to send to far away
family and friends.
1 egg white
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon water
1 pound pecan halves
1. In mixing bowl, gently beat egg white with whisk or rotary beater.
2. Add sugar, salt, milk, and water. Beat gently to combine ingredients.
3. Add pecans and stir to coat pecans with egg white ingredients.
4. Lightly oil a 10 and 1/2 by 15-inch jelly roll pan. Transfer pecans
5. Bake in preheated 250 degree oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
7. Package in airtight containers for gift giving