’n’ Spice Nuts (Makes 3 and 1/2 cups)
These sweet and spicy nuts make a great quick gift from your kitchen.
Most variety of nuts can be used in this recipe. It’s a great
way to use extra nuts that you may have on hand.
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 egg white
1 cup salted cashews
1 cup pecan halves
1 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne;
2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until foamy and frothy; add
the cashews, pecans, peanuts and dried cranberries.
3. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat.
4. Spread in a single layer on greased jelly roll pan.
5. Bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden
brown, stirring once.
6. Cool before storing in an airtight container.