Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam (Makes 5 cups)Strawberries and rhubarb have been flavor companions for years. Add the efficiency of the microwave oven and it’s easy to modernize the entire jam making process.
1 quart fresh strawberries
1. Wash and hull strawberries.
2. Crush strawberries to make 2 and 1/2 cups; combine with rhubarb in 2 or 3-quart microwave-safe casserole. Cover with vented plastic wrap.
3. Microwave on Full Power 5-6 minutes or until fruit is softened, stirring once. Stir in pectin.
4. Microwave, uncovered, on Full Power 3-4 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring once. Stir in sugar.
5. Microwave on Full Power 3-4 minutes or until mixture boils hard for at least 1 minute.
6. Pour into clean jars.
7. Label and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Information per serving: