Spiced Nuts Supreme (Makes 2 and 1/2 cups)
If you’re looking for a classy food gift, these spiced nuts may
just meet your needs. In fact, they may be such a welcome treat that you
gift giving container will be returned for a refill.
2/3 cup dry roasted
1/2 cup walnut halves
1/2 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup whole cashews
1/2 cup pecans halves
1 egg white
1 teaspoon water
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon salt, if nuts are not salted and if desired
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine peanuts, walnuts, almonds, cashews,
2. In another bowl, whisk together egg white and water. Pour egg white
mixture over nuts. Stir to evenly coat nuts with egg white.
3. In small mixing bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt,
4. Sprinkle sugar mixture over nuts. Stir to coat nuts with sugar mixture.
5. Pour on parchment-lined or vegetable sprayed 10x15-inch jelly roll
pan. Spread evenly on pan.
6. Bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 20 minutes, stirring once.
7. Cool. Store airtight.