Applesauce (Makes about 2 cups)
I’ve just started to make this delicious sauce in the last year
or two…….now I wonder why I hadn’t put apples with
rhubarb sooner. It’s a delicious way to share rhubarb with your
family and friends.
3 cups apple wedges, peeled, cored and sliced into eighths
1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen diced rhubarb
1/4 cup sugar or Splenda granular
1/4 cup water
Few drops red food coloring, if desired
1. Place apples, rhubarb and water in microwave-safe
2. Sprinkle with sugar or Splenda, tossing to coat
3. Cover. Microwave on Full Power 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice
to blend. Mash apples with a potato masher, if you wish, near the end
of the cooking time.
4. Add a few drops of red food coloring, if you wish.
5. Serve as a sauce or accompaniment with poultry or pork or as a toping
for angel food cake or ice cream.
9. Continue baking 20-30 minutes more until topping is golden and pie