Honey Roasted Pretzels (Makes 9 cups)
If I had a dime for every time I’ve made this recipe, I’d have an entire piggy bank full of coins. In all honesty, this is one of my favorite crunchy snacks.
I make these all year long. In the winter, these honey glazed pretzels are wonderful holiday gifts from your kitchen and in the summer they make great picnic fare. Stored in a resealable plastic bag, they stay crisp and delicious.
9 cups mini pretzels (10 ounces)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1. Place pretzels in 2 or 3 quart microwave-safe casserole or measurer. Set aside.
2. Combine brown sugar, butter, honey, and corn syrup in 4-cup microwave-safe measurer.
3. Microwave mixture on Full Power 45-60 seconds or until mixture boils hard, stirring once.
4. Continue to microwave mixture on Full Power 60 more seconds.
5. Stir in soda mixture.
6. Pour syrup over pretzels. Stir to lightly coat pretzels with syrup.
7. Microwave coated pretzels on 50 % power, uncovered,, 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring twice. (If you don’t have 50% power, try using the defrost setting for 4-5 minutes).
8. Turn onto lightly vegetable-sprayed waxed paper or foil
9. As mixture cools, break into pieces.
10. Store in tightly covered container or resealable plastic bag.