Applesauce (Serves 8-10)
4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4 cup water
8 cups sliced peeled cooking apples
2 cups sugar
1. In large kettle, combine cranberries and water.
2. Cover and cook over medium heat on top of stove until cranberries
3. Press cooked cranberries through sieve or food mill; return to cooking
4. Add apples; cover and cook over medium heat until apples are tender,
but retain their shape.
5. Add sugar. Heat, if necessary to dissolve sugar, stirring occasionally.
6. Chill and serve as an accompaniment or salad.