Berries and Nut Snacking Mix (Makes 4 and 1/2 cups)
Snacking mixes serve double duty during the holiday season. They are equally wonderful as gifts from your kitchen as well as the perfect change of pace for an appetizer table. This tasty combination features classy dried cranberries and blueberries. Do treat your family and friends to this snacking mix this holiday season.
1 cup whole almonds
1. Spread almonds on cookie sheet.
2. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool to room temperature.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine almonds, pretzels, cranberries and blueberries.
5. Beat egg white in small bowl until foamy with rotary beater or wire whisk. Pour egg white over nut and berry mixture. Toss to coat ingredients with egg white.
6. Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle over mixture and toss to coat. Spread onto greased baking sheet.
7. Bake mixture in preheated 225 degree oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool and store in airtight container.
Nutritional Information: Per 1/4 cup: 106 calories, 2 grams protein, 5 grams fat, 15 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber 0 milligrams cholesterol, 153 milligrams sodium