Shrimp and Asparagus A La King (Serves 4)This lovely creamed mixture is a perfect brunch or lunch suggestion. To add elegance to the menu, serve over patty shells. For a more casual event, try the quick and easy toast cups.
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1. Sauté butter and mushrooms in 2-quart microwave-safe measurer on Full Power for 2-3 minutes, stirring once or sauté butter and mushrooms in saucepan until mushrooms are tender.
2. Stir in flour and chicken base or bouillon. Microwave on Full Power for 30 seconds or heat until bubbly on stovetop.
3. Add milk and hot pepper sauce. Microwave on Full Power 4-6 minutes, stirring two or three times until thickened or cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
4. Stir in shrimp and asparagus. Microwave on Full Power until hot or heat over medium heat until piping hot.
5. Serve over patty shells or toast cups.
Toast Cups: Trim crusts from 4 slices of fresh bread; spread with soft butter or margarine. Press buttered side down into muffin cups. Bake toast cups in preheated 375 degree oven 10-15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Information per serving