Rice Medley (Serves 8)
Collections of creative casserole recipes are treasured by many cooks.
This interesting seafood rice combination would easily be included in
such a grouping. Ordinary ingredients are transformed into an entrée
with extraordinary flavor.
2 cups cooked long grain rice
2 (4 and 1/2-ounce) cans shrimp, drained and rinsed
8 ounces imitation crab meat, shredded
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup light or regular mayonnaise
1 cup tomato juice
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
1. In mixing bowl, combine rice, shrimp, crab, water chestnuts,
onion, celery, and green pepper. Toss lightly.
2. In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, tomato juice and
3. Add dressing to rice mixture. Stir gently.
4. Spoon mixture into greased 2-quart casserole.
5. Sprinkle cheese and almonds over top.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 35-45 minutes or until
hot and bubbly.