Potato Fish Fry (Serves 4)
One way to introduce fish to family members is to combine it with an often
used food. In this recipe instant mashed potatoes are used as part of
the coating, thus producing a fish and potato entrée.
instant mashed potato flakes
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 egg, slight beaten
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1 pound frozen fish fillets, thawed (sole, orange roughy, cod, haddock,
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1. In shallow dish, combine instant mashed potato flakes and sesame
2. In another shallow dish, combine egg, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. dip fish in egg mixture and then in potato flake sesame seed combination.
4. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; fry fish until golden
brown on both sides.
5. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.