Feta Shrimp with Linguine (Serves 4)
This flavor packed entrée featuring shrimp will quickly become a family favorite. While the linguine is cooking, the shrimp mixture simmers to perfection. Add a crusty bread and green salad to complete the menu.
8 ounces of multigrain linguine
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
1/4 cup Greek olives, coarsely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Few drops hot sauce
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet, sauté garlic in oil for about 1 minute.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the shrimp to the tomato mixture; cook, uncovered for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
6. Stir in the parsley lemon juice and hot sauce.
7. Serve shrimp mixture over pasta.
8. Sprinkle with feta cheese.