Crumb Coated Fish Fillets (Serves 3-4)
Create your own fish crumb coating mix by using this quick and easy
recipe. If dietary needs call for low sodium intake, omit salt and use
salt free bread crumbs. It’s a great way to cook fish fillets
in the microwave oven.
3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
1. On a piece of waxed paper, combine cornmeal, bread crumbs, parsley flakes, onion powder, paprika, salt and cayenne. Mix well.
2. Dip fillets in coating, pressing lightly to coat.
3. Arrange on microwave-safe platter.
4. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on Full Power 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, rotating dish once.
5. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley, if desired. Serve.
Nutritional Information per serving: 147 calories, 23 grams protein, 1 gram fat, 9 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 30 milligrams cholesterol, 470 milligrams sodium (the sodium is 116 milligrams if the salt is omitted in the crumb topping)