Citrus-Sauced Fish (Serves 4)
Traditionally many cooks like to serve lemon wedges with fish because the flavors enhance one another. In this recipe, fish is actually cooked in a citrus juice mixture. The end result is a flavorful fish to serve with rice.
1 pound orange roughy, tilapia, cod or other mild fish fillets
1. Cut fish into 4 serving size pieces.
2. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
3. In a medium skillet stir together orange juice, lemon peel, lemon juice, green onions, garlic and pepper Heat orange juice mixture to boiling.
4. Add fish. Cover and simmer till fish flakes easily with a fork. (Allow 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish.)
5. Transfer fish to a serving platter, cover and keep warm.
6. For sauce, in a small bowl stir cornstarch into water; stir into reserved juices in skillet. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
7. Stir in orange sections and parsley; heat through.
8. To serve, spoon sauce and fruit sections over fish. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Information per serving: