Vegetable Couscous Salad (Serves 12)
Here is a great pot luck style couscous salad. The bites of sweet corn seem to explode and please the taste buds while the feta cheese adds another layer of texture and flavor.
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 (16-ounce) pkg. frozen super sweet corn, thawed or
3 ears super sweet corn cooked, chilled and cut from cob
1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
1 and 1/2 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped red onion
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. In small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous.
2. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and set aside to cool slightly.
3. In large bowl combine the sweet corn, cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion and parsley with the couscous.
4. In small bowl, whisk the oil together with the lemon juice, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
5. Pour dressing over couscous mixture and toss to coat ingredients evenly.
6. Chill until serving time