Strawberry Banana Gelatin Salad (Serves 12)
This mouth-watering salad is designed to be friendly to the person who follows a sugar restricted diet. It’s so delicious that your entire family with ask for second servings.
2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
2 medium size ripe bananas
3 packets sugar substitute
1 (0.6-ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice, undrained
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1. Remove stems and crush fresh strawberries or thaw and mash frozen strawberries
2. Mash bananas.
3. Combine strawberries, bananas and sugar substitute; set aside.
4. In medium mixing bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
5. Stir in strawberry mixture and pineapple.
6. Pour half of the mixture into 8x12-inch dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
7. Chill until firm.
8. Add yogurt to the remaining gelatin mixture; spoon over the first layer.
9. Chill until firm.
10. Cut into squares. Garnish with additional fresh strawberries, if you wish.