Cream Gelatin Salad (Serves 10)
This colorful creamy creation may soon become one of your favorite gelatin
salads. The subtle lemon flavor originates in frozen lemonade concentrate
and vanilla ice cream adds smoothness to the texture. Serve it for Valentine’s
Day or any other time when a red salad is appropriate.
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
2 (3-ounce) packages red raspberry gelatin
1 pint vanilla ice cream
1 (6-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Drain thawed raspberries. Add water to make 2 and 1/3 cups liquid.
2. In medium saucepan, heat liquid to boiling.
3. Pour boiling liquid over gelatin into large mixing bowl. Add ice
cream. Stir until melted.
4. Stir in lemonade. Chill until partially set.
5. Fold in drained raspberries and pecans.
6. Pour into oiled 6-cup mold or attractive serving dish.
7. Just before serving, garnish with fresh salad greens and fresh fruit,