Pizza Pasta Skillet (Serves 6)
One dish skillet recipes have always been popular with busy cooks. This delightful entrée boasts great pizza flavor which is certain to please family members of all ages.
2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 small green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced pepperoni, halved
1 (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
2/3 cup sliced ripe olives
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
3. Combine drained cooked meat with the pepperoni, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives. Cook and stir until hot.
4. Add drained pasta to meat mixture. Heat thoroughly. Remove from heat.
5. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted