Fruit and Pasta Salad (Serves 6-8)
This recipe is a gently reminder that pasta enhances fruit as well
as vegetables. Its the perfect salad to take on a picnic
or to the beach.
1 cup interesting pasta (i.e. shells or bowties)
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
1 cup halved seedless red or green grapes
1 large banana, sliced
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 tablespoons honey
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; rinse
with cold water.
2. In large bowl, combine cooked pasta, pineapple, orange segments,
grapes, banana and coconut.
3. In small bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, honey, salt and
4. Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss lightly
5. Refrigerate until chilled, before serving