Couscous Garden Salad (Serves 10)
Every recipe collection needs a basic couscous salad recipe like this tasty idea. It’s the perfect picnic salad as it carries well and goes well with most entrees.
1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup water plus 1 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon
1 cup uncooked couscous
3 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed or corn cut from 3 medium ears of corn
1 medium cucumber, diced
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup chopped red onion
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1. In saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
2. Fluff couscous with a fork and set aside to cool slightly.
3. In large bowl, combine corn, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and parsley and feta cheese. Then stir in couscous.
4. In small bow, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over vegetables and couscous; toss to coat.
5. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled.