Blue Cheese Waldorf Salad (Serves 6)
Applause may erupt right around the dinner table when this flavorful apple
salad is served. The blue cheese dressing pushes this recipe right into
the blue ribbon category.
1/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
2 teaspoons sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon grated onion
3 medium apples, chopped
3 celery ribs, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, for garnish if you wish
1. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, sugar, vinegar,
salt, cayenne and pepper. Stir in blue cheese and onion.
2. In a large bowl, combine the apples, celery and raisins.
3. Drizzle apple mixture with dressing; toss to coat.
4. Put mixture into serving dish.
5. Garnish with chopped walnuts, if you wish.