Chicken and Broccoli (Serves 6)
Health conscious cooks are partial to the stir-fry method of cooking.
They realize that it’s a low fat way to prepare nutrition rich
vegetables as well as lean meats. In this recipe, broccoli and chicken
are the featured “good for you” ingredients.
1 egg white
2 boneless chicken breasts, skinned & cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1 cup water
1 and 1/2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup sliced green onions
3 cups broccoli flowerets
1/2 large red pepper, sliced into strips
4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
1. Gently beat egg white with rotary beater or wire whisk. Add chicken
breast pieces and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Let stand 15 minutes, if
2. Mix water and chicken bouillon, 1 tablespoons cornstarch, ginger
and soy sauce. Reserve.
3. Heat wok or large skillet until hot.
4. Spray with cooking spray. Add chicken mixture; stir-fry until meat
is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
5. Add 1 tablespoon oil, garlic powder and green onions. Stir-fry a
6. Add broccoli and pepper strips; stir-fry 2-3 minutes.
7. Add mushrooms and stir-fry a minute.
8. Stir in water and chicken bouillon mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring
constantly; boil and stir until sauce is thickened and clear.
9. Stir in chicken; cook until thoroughly heated.
10. Serve with rice, if desired.