Chicken Breasts (Serves 2)
I found and tested this recipe when I was writing a food column for
The Grand Rapids Press. The recipes that I was sharing were adapted
for persons cooking in the microwave oven for one or two. We like this
chicken so much that now I double or triple the recipe depending on
how many I wish to serve. Remember the microwave timings are then doubled
or tripled too.
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in half (about 8 ounces)
2 tablespoons salsa or picante sauce
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and chili powder on a piece
of waxed paper. Set aside.
2. In microwave-safe 9-inch pie plate, microwave margarine on Full Power
about 30 seconds until melted.
3. Coat chicken pieces on both sides with butter, then roll in crumbs.
Return chicken to pie plate. Cover with paper towel.
4. Microwave on Full Power for 3 minutes or until chicken is partially
5. Spread salsa or picante sauce over chicken pieces. Sprinkle cheese
6. Microwave on Full Power, uncovered, 1 and 1/2 to 2 minutes or until
chicken is done and cheese is melted.