Encore Turkey Casserole (Serves 6-8)
This turkey casserole gets its name because friends and family that taste it always as for “more”. The fresh mushrooms add real class to this delicious combination of ingredients.
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (8-ounce) packages sliced fresh mushrooms
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
3 green onions, sliced
1 (10 and 3/4-ounce) can 98% fat free or regular cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
2 teaspoons soy sauce
3 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 (3-ounce) can chow mein noodles (1 and 1/2 cups)
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, garlic and mushrooms; cook until tender, stirring often.
2. In mixing bowl, combine water chestnuts, green onions, mushroom soup, mayonnaise, soy sauce, chicken or turkey and pepper.
3. Stir in cooked mushroom mixture.
4. Pour into lightly greased 8x12-inch baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.