Tasty Chicken Burgers (Makes 4 or 5 burgers)
Here is a wonderful way to transform ground chicken into first class burgers.
Chilling the chicken mixture before shaping makes it much easier to form
attractive patties. Heart-healthy folks will appreciate your efforts.
1 pound ground chicken
2 cups fresh bread crumbs, divided
1/2 cup fat free milk
3 tablespoons grated sweet onion
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place chicken in a mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold in 1/2
cup bread crumbs, milk, onion, cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. Mixture
will be very wet. If you wish, chill mixture before shaping into patties.
2. Place the remaining 1 and 1/2 cups bread crumbs on a piece of waxed
paper or dinner plate.
3. Shape mixture into 4 or 5 patties. (I like to use food handling gloves
as the mixture will remain sticky.)
4. Coat each patty with bread crumbs.
5. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and when hot,
fry patties until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
6. Serve immediately with or without bus. Enjoy!
Note: To make fresh bread crumbs, tear bread into pieces and put into
a food processor with steel blade inserted. Pulse until bread crumbs
are desired size.